Modifications Helping You Find Success Through a Difficult Time

Post-Divorce Modifications

Tigard Divorce Modification Attorneys: Call (503) 743-0185

After a divorce is finalized, there may be a need to modify the terms of the judgement. Circumstances can change, such as a change in jobs, location, or income. Whether you are seeking to modify a divorce court order, or would like to dispute a request for modification, talk to our lawyers at Evans & Hubbard Attorneys at Law. We can walk you through the process, the paperwork, and the family court system.

Modifications are available for:

  • Child support
  • Child custody
  • Spousal support
  • Parenting plans

It is important to note that modifications are NOT available for property division.

Need to modify an order? Learn more during a consultation.

When Can I Request a Modification?

You can request a modification if you experienced a substantial change in current circumstances that justifies a change in your current judgment. Often, child support may be modified through an administrative process. All other modification requests must be submitted to the court for approval. When you submit a modification request, you must be able to provide reasons that the modification is necessary at this time.

Modification can be granted in circumstances such as:

  • Severe illness
  • Dramatic change in income
  • Relocation
  • Threats posed to a child’s welfare
  • Remarriage or cohabitation

Call (503) 743-0185 for Personalized Counsel

It is important that you talk to an attorney first about requesting a modification. You should never relocate or change the terms of your divorce agreement on your own. Doing so constitutes a violation of a court order and may lead to penalties.

Let our team of Tigard modification lawyers help you prepare a thorough and convincing modification petition that reflects your current needs and circumstances. We can personally guide you through the entire process, resolving any obstacles that arise and working towards a solution that you and your former spouse can agree on if possible, or will be determined by a judge if not.

We're ready to help you anywhere in Lake Oswego or Beaverton as well.

Give us a call at (503) 743-0185 if you would like to discuss further.

Take Your First Step

Discuss Your Options with a Trusted Team 
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.