Child Custody Rights
Tigard Custody Lawyers: (503) 743-0185
Parents who share children must determine how custody should be arranged and when. Whether you are seeking sole custody, joint custody, or visitation or parenting time, custody matters are often at the center of many disputes between parents. While it is important that you assert your parental rights, you should never overlook what is in the best interests of your child.
Why Choose Our Custody Attorneys?
- Team of Three Lawyers with over 65 Years' Shared Experience
- Serving Tigard, Lake Oswego & Beaverton
- One-on-One Counsel for Every Stage of the Case
- Trusted, Straightforward Counsel
- Common Sense, Compassionate Approach
Have our skilled Tigard child custody attorneys at Evans & Hubbard Attorneys at Law help you create a sound and effective custody plan that meets everyone’s needs. We will take the time to understand your unique family dynamics and work to help your family move forward in a respectful and dignified manner.
Contact us online to schedule a consultation.
How Child Custody Is Determined
It is often best when parents are able to agree on a custody issue without the court intervening. When parents can agree on a custody arrangement that works for both parties, then everybody, including the child, is often better off. In some cases, however, mediation may be unsuccessful. If parents cannot come to an agreement on child custody, then a judge will have to make the final decision on their behalf. Our trial-tested lawyers can help you whether your case is decided inside or outside a courtroom.
When a court decides on custody matters, the judge will look at:
- The preference for the primary caregiver, if fit
- The emotional relationships between the child and family members
- The interest of the parties in and attitude toward the child
- The desirability of continuing existing relationships
- Each parent's willingness and ability to cooperate
- Any history of violence or abuse by the parents
There is a strong policy in Oregon to support the child's relationships with both parents unless there is a threat to health or safety.
Sound, Practical & Effective Solutions to Custody Disputes
Our team at Evans & Hubbard understands that you are concerned about custody arrangements because this can potentially affect the relationship between you and your child. We know what is at stake and how your family dynamics can change after this case. Our team is ready to steer you towards solutions that are in your and your child’s long-term interests. We serve Beaverton, Lake Oswego, and nearby areas.
Contact our team today to learn more: (503) 743-0185.